Versant English Test
The Versant™ English Test automatically evaluates the spoken English skills of non-native English speakers, using speech processing technology and the advanced science of linguistics. The Versant™ English Test has been used by corporations, call centers/BPOs, government agencies, and academic institutions throughout the world to evaluate the spoken English skills of staff, officers, or students.
Looking for a Listening and Speaking test? Learn more about the Versant Pro - Speaking test here
How the Test is Used
- Versant English Tests can help you hold employees, teachers, and students to the language standards you require for effective communication.
- Recruiting: Hire professionals who have the spoken language skills you need for the jobs where speaking is important for clear communication.
- Leadership/Management Programs: Ensure employees with management potential have the language proficiency to participate in leadership development and move up in the organization.
- Training and Development: Easily benchmark the language levels of employees, teachers, and students to correctly place them in training or remedial programs, and measure learning progress after the program is completed.
1. Research-based and reliable for accurate, meaningful results. The Versant English Test is built using criteria developed by expert linguists. The Versant testing system, based on the patented Ordinate® technology, has been extensively field trialed and validated with reference to the most qualified human evaluators of language proficiency, fluency, and pronunciation.
2. Objective, independent assessment for a more robust approach. The Versant testing system allows you to evaluate all of your candidates on an equal basis with objective, unbiased scoring. It complies with the legal and professional guidelines in the Uniform Guidelines for Employee Selection Procedures and the Principles for the Validation and Use of Personnel Selection Procedures governing the use of tests for high-stakes decision-making in organizations.
3. Streamlined administration and automated scoring save time. Your staff can easily administer Versant English Tests by having candidates take the test over the telephone or on a test center computer. The Versant testing system automatically scores a candidate's test, making a detailed score report available for you in the reporting system within minutes of being submitted.